Questers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questers

The forum for the offical RuneScape clan Questers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Herb Running

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tom
Admin
tom

Herb Running Empty
PostSubject: Herb Running   Herb Running EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Allo, welcome to my guide to making good money and decent farming xp.

This guide explains how to use herb running to make considerable profit without much effort. If you are under 62 farming you should plant rannars, if over - snapdragons. The price of the seeds may make you wonder how there is any profit in this but herb running is more than what meets the eye.

Minimum requirements:
-32 farming
-Enough money to buy seeds

Recommended:
-Completed Fairy Tale Part I for magic secutars
-Completed My Arms Big Adventure for an extra herb patch

Usefull Items:
-Magic secutars (10% + yield)
-Amulet of nature (around 5% + yeild) also can tell you when your herbs have grown.
-Scroll of life (10% of crops will give you your seed back after harvest and 5% chance of getting random seed from dead patch)

BASICS
To begin you will need to buy the seeds for the type of herb you are going to grow. You will need lots of super compost. The next section lists all the ways to obtain it. The only tools you will need are a seed dibber, spade and occasionally a rake. It is recommended to wield magic secutars whenever harvesting your herbs to increase the yeild. Teleports to patches would also be highly recommended. Also if you have the dungeoneering tokens, a scroll of life would help save you some profit.

SUPERCOMPOST
There are many ways to get supercompost...
-Buy from GE (not recomended)
-The Fertile Soil spell (only if you have no shortage of astral and nature runes although still not recommended)
-Making it yourself (the cheapest method)

Making Super-compost....
There are certain farming items that are sumpercompostable. Such as pineapples which are the most cost efficient. To make super-compost you will need to add 15 pineapples to an empty compost bin. If there are any uncompostable items in the bin (such as weeds) you will get normal compost. I personally recommend you buy a large amount of pineapples and refill your buckets from your compost bins whenever you need super-compost. Once in a while you may need to refill your bins with pineapples. This is much cheaper than buying the super-compost because a pineapples is about 100gp and compost is over 1000gp. After throwing 15 pineapples in a compost bin close the lid and in about 70 minutes it should be ready. You will always get 15 buckets out.

PATCHES
Here is a list of patches, the fastest way to get to them and any other useful information.]

North East Ardougne
Herb Running Patchfulleastardougne
Closest teleport - Ardougne cape 3
Other features - None

Catherbay
Herb Running Patchfullcatherby
Closest teleport - Catherbay Teleport or Camelot Teleport
Other features - None

South East Falador
Herb Running Patchfullfalador
Closest teleport - Explorers Ring 3
Other features - Wielding the falador shield 3 while harvesting your crops here will give an xp bonus.

West of Port Phasmatys
Herb Running Patchfullportphasmatys
Closest teleport - Ectophial
Other features - Emo leprechaun :O

Trollhiem
Herb Running Patchquesttrollstrongho
Closest teleport - Trollhiem Teleport
Other features - No matter what, any herbs you plant here will NOT die. Note that completion of My Arms Big Adventure is required to use this patch.

GETTING STARTED
Firstly herb patches cannot be watered so there is no danger of them dying out from drought. Secondly super compost makes all the difference, it lessons the chance of disease, the yield growth. Your average herb patch will take under 100 minutes to grow. What your harvest turns out to be will be random, the best i ever got was 16 but sometimes although very rarely, your herbs may die. The average harvest is about 6 or 7 herbs. Now lets get on how to do things.

Firstly weed the herb patch your going to use (or remove whatever was growing there) then use supercompost on the patch (or the fertile soil spell) now you should use your herb seed on the patch. Then proceed to do the same for all of your herb patches. Once this is done go and do something else/logg out for about 100 minutes. Then come back and harvest your herbs and replant. You can do this about 6 times a day.

HERB LIST
IM WORKING ON IT :O

HAPPEH HERB RUNNING!

Last edited by tom on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://questers.forummotion.com
Junk
SPAM POSTER!
SPAM POSTER!
Junk

Herb Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herb Running   Herb Running EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Nice guide Very Happy
I used this for the first time now >_>

Well, it worked Very Happy
Altho...
I did run outta laws
And now I cant harvest Ardy and Catherby Sad
Back to top Go down
Dark Bat54

Dark Bat54

Herb Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herb Running   Herb Running EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 pm

i recommend growing pineapples while u are herb running for the extra 20k-25k exp a day.
Back to top Go down
Dark Falco58

Herb Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herb Running   Herb Running EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:48 pm

i agree with bat, i check on these herbs whenever they r ready during the day, but every 16hrs or so i check my pineapples for 20-25k xp daily, farming is a very effortless skill to train like Tom mentioned in the guide. But not the only reason why i farm pineapples for XP, is i keep the pineapples i get for the compost bins, free supercompost. At the end of my run i will always fill up my empty buckets at the compost bin at my last patch. I always make sure i never to the Trollheim 1 last.

Nice guide btw Tom, i'll use it if i stop doing herbs or i forget for some reason Razz

-Sincerely, Dark Falco58.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BfWaOwNaGe58?feature=mhum#p/u/11/ToK
Sponsored content

Herb Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herb Running   Herb Running Empty

Back to top Go down

Herb Running
Page 1 of 1