Questers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questers

The forum for the offical RuneScape clan Questers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Void Dance - Quest Guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Falco58

A Void Dance - Quest Guide Empty
PostSubject: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:28 am

Official quest description: Commodore Tyr believes that a smaller scouting party will be able to track down the escaped pest without drawing too much attention to itself. Perhaps, this way, there will not be a repeat of what befell the first landing party, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be trouble along the way...

Release date: 10 August 2010 (Update)

Start: Speak to Commodore Tyr at the Void Knights' Outpost

Difficulty: 3/5

Length: Long

Members only: Yes

Requirements:
46 A Void Dance - Quest Guide Huntericon Hunter
47 A Void Dance - Quest Guide Constructionicon Construction
47 A Void Dance - Quest Guide Miningicon Mining
48 A Void Dance - Quest Guide Summoningicon Summoning
49 A Void Dance - Quest Guide Herbloreicon Herblore
52 A Void Dance - Quest Guide Woodcuttingicon Woodcutting
54 A Void Dance - Quest Guide Thievingicon Thieving

Quests:
Quiet Before the Swarm
Druidic Ritual
Wolf Whistle

Items needed:
Pickaxe
65 coins (or 5 coins if you have ring of charos(a) / Karamja gloves 3 / amulet of glory with Karamja teleport)
Spade
Sextant
Watch
Chart
Onion, plank, logs, hammer and chisel, all of which are obtained during the quest.

Recommended:
Falador teleports (such as an Explorer's ring)
Good weapon (preferably magic) and food (lobsters or higher)
Magic potion or combat potion
Defence potion

Tips:
Keep in mind 16 free inventory spaces are needed for the Chemist part of the quest

Enemies to defeat:
Black Knight Guardian (level 110)

Walkthrough:
Starting:
Take the boat to Pest Control and talk to Commodore Tyr.
Commodore Tyr will want you to go search for the missing creature on the mainland with Captain Korasi and Jessika, the one who freed the pest in the first place.
After starting the quest, travel to Port Sarim and talk with Korasi on the dock there.
She will tell you to investigate and see if anyone in the town has seen the pest.

Investigation:
Talk with Captain Tobias, also located on the deck, who is ill. He will tell you to talk with the fishmonger.
Talk with Gerrant (fishing shopkeeper) and a track will appear outside his shop.
Follow the track using the Hunter skill, searching bushes, plants and stones until you find a burrow just north of The Rusty Anchor.
Check the burrow, and then go an inform Korasi of your findings.
She will tell you to talk with the owner of Rusty Anchor pub, to gain access to his cellar.
He too is sick, and has no energy to give you the key, telling you it is in one of the piles of junk on the floor.
Search them until you find the key and proceed to the cellar, by entering the trapdoor on the north-west side of the pub.
There, Jessika will find something odd about the wall.
Mine the Suspicious Looking Wall with a pickaxe, and a strange purple goo will begin to pour out.

Barrel Puzzle:
In order to obtain a container for the goo, you must find an empty barrel in the storeroom.
Kick all the other (full) barrels into the correct positions, giving a clear path for the empty barrel, and then kick that along the path directed in the picture below.
A Void Dance - Quest Guide Barrelpuzzle
Tips:
It is possible that in solving this puzzle you will block your exit. If this happens, reset the puzzle and then leave the room; if you already pushed the empty barrel out it will be there already.
You can use your Void Knight whistle to undo or reset your puzzle (You can only undo one move).

Confrontation:
Talk to the bartender after completing the puzzle and afterwards either telling the truth or lie, talk to Captain Korasi.
Then, take the ship to Karamja, then talk to Zambo in the pub. Ask him about anything odd.
Go to Shopkeeper Kofi, who is located in the general store. He is ill, but will help you if you repair his wall.
In the corner of the room, "Take-from" the supply table and tool shelf twice to get logs, a plank, a chisel and a hammer.
Use the plank and logs on the chisel to get jointed plank and jointed log respectively.
Use the jointed plank and jointed log together to get a joist. Use the joist on the wall to repair it.

Tracking:
Talk to Shopkeeper Kofi and he will take you to a tracking point (similar to the one in Port Sarim).
Search the logs, shrubs, and succulents to follow the trail.
At the end of the tracking, you will find another burrow in the banana plantation, where it appears there has been a struggle.
Search the hole to get wood shards. After this, you will be told to go to Rimmington.
Before travelling to Rimmington, make sure you have at least 16 free inventory spaces.
Talk to Rommik in the Rimmington Crafting shop, and he will tell you about a large order of waxwood boxes to someone in Falador.
Talk to Captain Korasi in the Chemist's house, and then talk to the Chemist.

Analysing the Sample:
After you speak to the chemist you start a puzzle similar to distilling coal.
To the right of the screen is a table showing what two ingredients combined will make a third ingredient. To the left of the screen is a table showing the current state of the machine.
To begin analysis, add the ingredient shown on the left table from your inventory into the hopper. After a short time, you will see the lower icon change to that of another ingredient. Consult the table on the right to see what needs adding to the ingredient currently inside (upper icon) to produce the needed one (lower icon). Use this ingredient with the hopper to progress the reaction.
While doing this, the machine may become imbalanced with high/low heat/pressure. Adjust the heat and power according to the table to the left of your screen. Each turn of the wheel will change the status one unit in that direction, so if it has become severely imbalanced several turns may be needed to return it to equilibrium.
If all parts of the machine are continually kept in balance and the correct ingredients are added when needed, the machine will eventually reach 100%. If not, the machine will explode and you will need to start the analysis from the beginning.
Try and balance out power and heat before adding in compounds, as power and heat may change while adding in the compounds, and may cause some trouble.
Note: This challenge can be extremely difficult if you have a slow or laggy connection as the values may change rather rapidly!

Increase:
Heat: Stoke furnace
Power: Increase power flywheel

Decrease:
Heat: Open furnace vent
Power: Apply brake flywheel

After completing the puzzle, speak to the Chemist.
Jessika will then teleport you to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador Park.
Speak with Sir Tiffy and he will tell you there is a stall near the east bank whose owner, Ali Tist, is selling mysterious boxes.
Buy one off him and return to Sir Tiffy. After you try to open the box, Sir Tiffy, Jessika, and Korasi have a go, but fail, though Korasi will then crack it open with her sword.
Return to the seller in attempt to find out where he got the boxes, and when he refuses, return to Sir Tiffy and then go to Sir Amik Varze, leader of the White Knights (located in the second floor, west side of White Knights' Castle), and he will give you a warrant to search Tist's stall.

Clue scroll:
Question the stall owner and he will give you a mysterious clue scroll.
Return to Sir Tiffy and you will begin the Treasure Trail, with Korasi and Jessika keeping contact via CommOrb.

Clue one:
A Void Dance - Quest Guide Firstclue
The first clue is a map, the location of which is the shores of Lake Crystalmere just west of the Falador mining site to the west of Falador. Dig with your spade to get another clue. You will speak with Korasi via the CommOrb and you will listen to Jessika and Korasi put their differences aside.

Clue two:
A Void Dance - Quest Guide Cluescroll2avd
The clue you receive will read: "South of a city and east of a guild, there wanders a fellow whose path went astray. Hand him an onion and give him a wave, if on track for a treasure you're wishing to stay."
Walk east of Melzar's Maze north of Rimmington and pick an onion, if you do not have one already.
Go east of the Crafting Guild and find the Man with a pack and a staff wandering around.
Give him the onion, and select the wave option.
You will receive another clue.

Clue three:
A Void Dance - Quest Guide Cluescroll3avdz
The third clue reads: "Check a crate in the farmhouse west of the Falador farming patch." It is the patch that is north of Port Sarim.
Go inside the farmhouse and search a light brown crate in the largest room of the house.
You will receive another clue and speak to Korasi via the CommOrb.

Clue four:
A Void Dance - Quest Guide Monasterycluepic
The new clue reads "Splash of red in a holy bed; lies north of its fountain, east of Ice Mountain. Its three closest neighbours have petals of blue; just dig where it's planted to find your next clue."
The location of the clue is the Edgeville Monastery, so make your way there.
After digging on the correct red flower, you will receive a coordinate clue.

Last clue:
A Void Dance - Quest Guide Hatchway
The coordinate clue reads: "11 degrees, 31 minutes north 17 degrees, 54 minutes east" which is a hatch entrance north of the Black Knights' Fortress.
Note: This is the time to prepare all your potions, food and armour. The knight is very weak to Magic and there is a safespot available, so Magic is strongly recommended.
Follow the clue and reach its location.
Try to enter the hatchway and you will speak with Korasi and Jessika via the CommOrb. They will teleport to you.
Jessika speaks with Korasi about joining the Void Knights.

Investigating the Kinshra Base:
The three of you enter the hatchway and appear in a room full of boxes.
Korasi will knock out the black knight on guard and kill him.
Note: If you are caught in this room, you are thrown out, however you can just simply climb back down.
Speak with Korasi and she will try to enter the next room.
She is not allowed in because she does not know the password.
Jessika will summon a Void drone which you have to plant on the low box near the door. Sneak your way over to the low box near
the door avoiding contact with the workers walking in and out of the room. Plant the bug and wait for a worker to go through the door.
Pick the Void Drone up and speak with Jessika, who tells you the password.
Jessika approaches the door and tells the guard the password, but without an identification insignia she is not allowed in.
Pick-pocket a worker as he is leaving and you will receive his insignia.
Knock on the door and speak with the guard. You will say the password and he will ask for your insignia. After trying to trick you with a "secret handshake," you will enter with Korasi and Jessika.
You can kill or bind and gag the guard, then speak with Korasi.
Enter the next room and either right click "Murder" on an indentured servant, or, if you do not wish to murder one of the innocent slaves, search the north-west bench to receive a screwdriver of sorts. Use this with the north-east bench to receive a piece of metal. Get another screwdriver and do the same with the other two benches in the south-east and south-west. Combine the hook and both pieces of metal. To the west of the door you will find a key on a shelf. Use the hooked pole on this shelf. You will receive a key; use it on the next door.

Final battle:
You will appear in a room with two level 110 Black Knight Guardians.
Korasi attacks the one on the east and the west knight is all yours. The guardian can hit hard and accurately and has high Defence stats. Although he can be poisoned, a poisoned dagger is not a recommended weapon for this fight. Should you die, your gravestone will appear upstairs next to the hatch. You will have to start your fight again.
There is a safe spot for this fight but it takes some skill. You must trap the black knight on another NPC, such as Korasi or the other guardian. After this is done you can range, mage or halberd him safely. Alternatively, you can choose to use Ancient Magicks for the fight, and, if ice spells are used correctly, you can easily finish the fight without having to use any food by freezing the guard and running away from him to attack him from a distance.
Note: If the player has any prayer points while fighting the knight, he will shout "En garde!", "Your energy will fuel my life!" or "In Zamorak's name!", drain the player's prayer points and heal himself. Be sure to drain your prayer points before entering the final room.

Example of a safe spot:
A Void Dance - Quest Guide Avoiddancesafespot

When you finish killing it, speak with the Void leech, which tells you a little about pest life.
You are then given the option to set it free or kill it.
Either way, Korasi will teleport you and Jessika back to the Void Knights' Outpost.
Speak with Commodore Tyr, and after a cutscene the quest is complete!

Reward:
A Void Dance - Quest Guide Avoiddance

1 Quest point
50 Void Knight commendation points
10,000 Hunter experience
10,000 Herblore experience
8,000 Summoning and Woodcutting experience
5,000 Thieving, Construction and Mining experience

Music unlocked:
All for the Pest
Chain Reaction
Out of Control
Void Knights' Theme

Bibliography:
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/A_Void_Dance
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BfWaOwNaGe58?feature=mhum#p/u/11/ToK
Junk
SPAM POSTER!
SPAM POSTER!
Junk

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:17 am

Dark Falco58 wrote:
Note: If the player has any prayer points while fighting the knight, he will shout "En garde!", "Your energy will fuel my life!" or "In Zamorak's name!", drain the player's prayer points and heal himself. Be sure to drain your prayer points before entering the final room.

He screams 'hah!' too,
nice guide anyways
I didnt use cuz i never use quest guides but still nice guide Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Falco58

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:24 am

Thxx,on my new iPod touch Wink this beauty is awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BfWaOwNaGe58?feature=mhum#p/u/11/ToK
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 am

Thanks Falco, it had been a lot of help!
And I released the pest at the end.
And jolly me, I finished all experienced quests!
Back to top Go down
tom
Admin
tom

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:31 am

i killed it >Smile
Back to top Go down
https://questers.forummotion.com
Junk
SPAM POSTER!
SPAM POSTER!
Junk

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 am

:O u evil creature! Sad poor little thing

I released pest, didnt kill workers nor doorguard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:55 pm

Junk wrote:
:O u evil creature! Sad poor little thing

I released pest, didnt kill workers nor doorguard Very Happy

I thought: Im the goodguy. The badguys must die. The pest meant no harm to anyone. Goodguys dont get killed by me. So I released it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Junk
SPAM POSTER!
SPAM POSTER!
Junk

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:22 pm

:O
U killed workers???
But they were forced to work for tha black nites !!! >:0
Back to top Go down
tom
Admin
tom

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:53 pm

far as i remember
i killed them all
Back to top Go down
https://questers.forummotion.com
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 pm

Junk wrote:
U killed workers???

point 1: Where did you read that I sed I killed the workers?
point 2: I accidently killed one (the others are still working there). But after I did that I just released himfrom his awful life.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 pm

[quote="Chel"]
Junk wrote:
U killed workers???

point 1: Where did you read that I sed I killed the workers?
point 2: I accidently killed one (the others are still working there). But after I did that I thought: I just released himfrom his awful life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Void Dance - Quest Guide   A Void Dance - Quest Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1